Friday, July 1, 2016

It's still Friday, right?!


I'm really late tonight with my foodie post. I went to the doctor for a sinus infection, then to Kohl's which turned into "Back to School" shopping for my son. I figured I'll pick up a few things here and there, and then I am not buying everything all at once come August! Then it was groceries, which was mistake given the HUGE crowd at Meijer. I finished up my blog post for tomorrow (I promise, you'll want to check it out), and now finally sitting down for today's post. Luckily it's a meal I have made hundreds of times. It's T's "favorite pasta".

This recipe is originally from The Cheese Pusher, and of course I found it on Pinterest. It is another chicken and pasta dish, which is basically what we eat here, because it is something my kids will eat without complaining. I’ll try to do something beef next week.

Creamy Garlic Pasta


I have turned this into a “one pot” meal. As with last week’s post I cook my veggies on the side, because my family likes them soft. So I start my cooking with cutting up my broccoli and putting it on my steamer.


Then I put about 1-2 T of oil in the pan, cut up my chicken and pan fry it with a little garlic and onion powder. While the chicken is cooking, dice up 2-3 cloves of garlic. When it’s finished, I put the chicken in a bowl off to the side.


Add 2 t of olive oil to the pan and sauté the diced up garlic. Then add 2 T of butter and melt. I skip the olive oil part (I occasionally count caloriesJ), and just sauté the garlic straight in the butter. The pan is already messy from the chicken.


Add 3 C of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Put in 8 oz. of angel hair pasta, and continue to boil, but turn down the heat.


 While the pasta is boiling you want to take a block of parmesan cheese and grate it until you have 1 C. I like to make it an overflowing cup. Occasionally stir the pasta! You want to cook the pasta until there almost no liquid left. If you have too much liquid left you have a runny pasta sauce, if you let the noodles absorb it all, it’s an almost sticky pasta sauce.


Throw in the grated parmesan cheese and stir until all the cheese is melted. Add ¾ C of heavy whipping cream and mix together. Return the chicken to the pasta, and serve, but don' forget that broccoli!



I hope you enjoy this quick and simple dish. It is super tasty, and a weekly family favorite!

Great adventure awaits you!
        ~Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment