Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer Blog Series



Are you ready to join me on a teacher learning adventure? This summer I am going to be reading several different books in hopes of adding their knowledge to mine! You can join me in a couple of different ways: read the book with me and comment below, just follow along and pick up some new skills that I am blogging about, or read along with me and blog about it too. Either way, I hope you will come along with me! Below are the books I am reading and their “tentative” schedule, because you know it is summer vacation after all!


On Mondays I am going to blog about the book: Guided Math: A Framework for Mathematics Instruction. Two of the four books are about Guided Math. I want to incorporate small groups in math, and this seems like a great place to start.
Tuesdays I am joining Anna over at Creative Teacher Resources in reading: Guided Math in Action K-5. This book is about how Guided Math should look, and how you can differentiate your instruction. And should be a good companion read to Mondays book.
Wednesdays are going to be all about behavior with: Positive Discipline in the Classroom. I am looking for something to help change my classroom environment and atmosphere….which starts with us, the teacher!
Friday is going to be all about food! I am looking forward to giving you a simple and quick meal that you can cook on a school night. I may even throw in a crockpot meal or two! If you are like me, you are tired a zombie after school and the last thing you want to do is spend two hours in the kitchen cooking dinner. And don’t get me started on the dishes that come with it!!
So join me once a week – or get crazy and join me all four days! I’m looking forward to a summer of learning, and getting some reading done that doesn’t happen during the school year!
Have a great night, and see you tomorrow!
Kari






No comments:

Post a Comment